2017 TRAVEL NOTE:
There is continued roadwork along sections of Highway 1 both South and North of Slide Ranch. SLIDE RANCH REMAINS OPEN! To reach Slide from Highway 1 North (approaching Slide from SF, Mill Valley, East Bay, etc):
• Take Highway 101, and take the Highway 1/Stinson Beach exit. Follow signs towards Highway 1/Stinson Beach.
• You will encounter a number of signs along the final miles of the route that indicate that local traffic is ok, despite continuing areas of roadwork, but that the road is closed to through traffic (like to destinations beyond Slide Ranch on Highway 1 North, like Stinson Beach for example). Slide Ranch is such a local destination, please continue on Highway 1 and pass all such signs to reach Slide Ranch.
• Slide Ranch is not reachable from points North on Highway 1 (Stinson Beach, Bolinas, etc) - visitors traveling from those areas should connect with Panoramic Highway in order to reach Muir Woods Road and follow the marked detour (the 17 foot bus length limit advisory you may be aware of from Muir Woods is relevant to their parking lot only - the legal standard for traveling Muir Woods Road is still 36 feet or less).
• We can't wait to see you at the ranch!
• Please be in touch by phone or email with any questions or concerns: 415-381-6155 or email@example.com
We are located to the West of Mill Valley, between Muir Beach and Stinson Beach, within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, a unit of the National Park Service. As a partner of the National Park Service, Slide Ranch’s 134 acres are open to the public from dawn to dusk for hiking and picnicking.
You are welcome to explore this beautiful farm, but we ask that you refrain from entering all animal areas unless a staff member is present and available to accompany you. Our organic garden is both a teaching tool for programs and a food source for the 15 staff members who live on the Ranch (so although it looks very appetizing, please don't harvest). We have miles of trails and picnic areas throughout the site and two public outhouse facilities with hand washing stations nearby - it's a wonderful place for a walk and picnic overlooking the ocean!
For the health and safety of our visitors, farm animals, and local wildlife please note that dogs, camping without permission, smoking and fires of any sort are strictly prohibited at Slide Ranch.
2025 Shoreline Highway
Muir Beach, CA 94965
See detailed directions below or click here for directions.
PLEASE NOTE: SOME VERSIONS OF GOOGLE MAPS HAVE AN INCORRECT LOCATION FOR SLIDE RANCH.
We are approximately 2.5 miles north of the Pelican Inn and 1 mile north of the Muir Beach overlook. Look for a single gravel driveway and a mailbox on your left with a small brown 'Slide Ranch' sign.
NOTE TO TEACHERS (AND BUS DRIVERS): Bus drivers are often nervous about our driveway, fearing that they may not be able to turn around. Reassure them that there is enough space to return to the highway by using our parking lot and/or separate exit driveway.
From San Francisco:
Cross the Golden Gate Bridge to Highway 101 North. Take exit for Mt. Tamalpais/Stinson Beach/Highway 1. See directions for "After Exiting Highway 101" below.
From the East Bay:
Cross Richmond Bridge and travel south on Highway 101. Take exit for Mt. Tamalpais/Stinson Beach/Highway 1. See directions for "After Exiting Highway 101" below.
From Marin County:
Take exit for Mt. Tamalpais/Stinson Beach/Highway 1. See directions for "After Exiting Highway 101" below.
After Exiting Highway 101:
Continue onto Highway 1/Shoreline Highway. (Do not take next left onto Tennessee Valley Road.) At the 3rd stoplight, turn left and continue on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway. (At this intersection the Marin Rug Store will be in front of you–a distinctive building.) Continue 2.4 miles on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway until the fork at the top of hill. Take left/downward fork towards Muir Beach. (Do not take right towards Muir Woods and Mt. Tamalpais.) Continue along Highway 1/Shoreline Highway, following the deep descent, towards Muir Beach. You will pass the Pelican Inn at 2.5 miles. Continue on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway following road as it takes a sharp left turn. (Do NOT take Muir Woods Road.) You will pass a sign for the Muir Beach Overlook. Continue on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway for 1 mile and you will see Slide Ranch, in the valley towards the left. The Slide Ranch entrance is marked by a sign and a large mailbox on the left. Go down driveway and take first left into upper parking lot.