Here are important times and dates for your camp.
What does my child need for camp?
- Layered clothing that can get dirty: tee-shirt, jacket & long pants (it can be foggy/windy at our coastal location)
- Extra pants, if bathroom accidents are a possibility
- Sturdy shoes for hiking (no open-toed shoes)
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Backpack to be carried throughout the day
- Zero waste, peanut-free lunch and snacks and reusable water bottle
- Extra snack, if staying for after-care
Monday at 8:45 am - Camp begins with an opportunity to meet your child’s teacher.
Opening Circle on Monday at 9:00- 9:30 am - Fun orientation for you and your child as well as logistical and carpooling information.
Monday at 2:00pm - camp end and pick up time.
Tuesday through Thursday at 9:00am - Camp start and drop off time.
Tuesday through Thursday at 2:00pm - Camp end and pick up time.
Friday at 12:15pm - We ask you arrive to join us for lemonade at our Yurt overlooking the ocean. This is a chance to meet our staff and other camp families, reflect on the week, and learn more about Slide Ranch.
Friday at 1:00 pm, Campers will host a quick Farmer's Market, in which each group shares a special creation with family and friends. If you are unable to attend, please make sure that your child is picked up by camp end at 2 pm.
- When you arrive, enter Slide Ranch through the South Driveway (by our mailbox), and exit through the North Driveway. Please drive slowly, be aware, and be patient…thanks! Due to limited parking, please park efficiently in the lot so there is room for all.
- Please arrive on time for camper pick-up and drop-off.
- Slide Ranch teachers provide after-care, supervised recreation time, until 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday, but not Friday. The fee is $15 per child per hour if you register online (http://slideranch.org/aftercare) by the Wednesday before your camp week. The rate for additional siblings is 50% off, ($7.50/hr). If you register after 5 pm Wednesday before your camp week, the cost of after-care is $20/hr and $10 per additional sibling/hr.
- We realize life happens! There is a 15 minute grace period for pick-up time, 2 - 2:15 pm. If you are running later than 2:15, you will be charged for after-care, $20 per child/hr and $10 per additional sibling/hr.
- Our teachers help campers do routine “tick checks," however, we encourage you to thoroughly check your child at home. Please review the fact sheet (link here) for more information and contact staff if you have any questions.
- Be green! Carpool to camp. We have attached a list of people for you to call or e-mail prior to the start of camp to arrange carpooling. We will also help facilitate car-pools after Opening Circle on Monday.
- Slide Ranch is working to create a peanut-free camp environment. Please refrain from packing any lunch or snacks that contain peanuts. Thank you for your help in creating a safe environment for kids to learn about and celebrate food, including allergies and our varied needs.