2025 Shoreline Highway
Muir Beach, CA 94965
We are located to the West of Mill Valley, between Muir Beach and Stinson Beach, within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, a unit of the National Park Service. As a partner of the National Park Service, Slide Ranch’s 134 acres are open for free to the public EVERYDAY from dawn to dusk for hiking and picnicking. Please join us!
You are welcome to explore this beautiful farm on your own, but we ask that you refrain from entering all closed animal areas unless accompanied by Slide Ranch staff.
Our organic garden is both a teaching tool for programs and a food source for the 18 staff and family members who live on the Ranch (so although we encourage you to explore it, and know that it looks very appetizing, please don't harvest).
For the health and safety of our residents, visitors, farm animals, and local wildlife please note that dogs and all pets, camping, smoking and fires are strictly prohibited at Slide Ranch. Service animals are permitted as directed by law.
Please note that Slide Ranch does not have regular trash collection and doesn't offer trash receptacles to the public - please plan to pack out any waste you generate during your visit.
Although we encourage you to say hello to any staff members you encounter on site (we'll probably beat you to it!), and to ask us questions, please refrain from disturbing any of the private residences or residential facilities.
We have miles of trails and picnic areas throughout the site and two public outhouse facilities with hand washing stations nearby - it's a wonderful place for a walk and picnic overlooking the ocean! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Looking for a more hands-on visit? Consider joining us for one of our programs.
Spring 2018 TRAVEL NOTE:
There is continued roadwork along sections of Highway 1 both South and North of Slide Ranch. SLIDE RANCH REMAINS OPEN! To reach Slide from Highway 1 North (approaching Slide from SF, Mill Valley, East Bay, etc):
• Take Highway 101, and take the Highway 1/Stinson Beach exit. Follow signs towards Highway 1 (do not follow the detour over Panoramic Highway toward Stinson Beach - proceed to your left at that split to continue on Highway 1 toward Muir Beach as usual).
• Please be mindful of areas of roadwork, including stopped traffic by Caltrans flaggers.
• After passing the Pelican Inn, approximately 2.5 miles before reaching Slide, you will encounter a final split, with signs directing traffic straight on a detour to reach Stinson Beach through Muir Woods Road. Do not continue onto Muir Woods Road - bear left at this split to continue on Highway 1, towards and past the residential community of Muir Beach, to Slide Ranch.
• There is a traffic signal in place for one-way traffic control as you head up the hill.
• There is now a 2nd traffic signal in place for one-way traffic control just as you are about to get to Slide Ranch. After the traffic signal, you will see our driveway which is a slight left right before the road is closed.
• Highway 1 is now open North of our property, and Slide Ranch is reachable from points North via Highway 1 (Stinson Beach, Bolinas, etc).
• We can't wait to see you at the ranch!
• Please be in touch by phone or email with any questions or concerns: 415-381-6155 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See detailed directions below or click here for directions.
PLEASE NOTE: SOME VERSIONS OF GOOGLE MAPS HAVE AN INCORRECT LOCATION FOR SLIDE RANCH.
We are approximately 2.5 miles north of the Pelican Inn and 1 mile north of the Muir Beach overlook. Look for a single gravel driveway and a mailbox on your left with a small brown 'Slide Ranch' sign.
NOTE TO TEACHERS (AND BUS DRIVERS): Bus drivers are often nervous about our driveway, fearing that they may not be able to turn around. Reassure them that there is enough space to return to the highway by using our parking lot and/or separate exit driveway.
From San Francisco:
Cross the Golden Gate Bridge to Highway 101 North. Take exit for Mt. Tamalpais/Stinson Beach/Highway 1. See directions for "After Exiting Highway 101" below.
From the East Bay:
Cross Richmond Bridge and travel south on Highway 101. Take exit for Mt. Tamalpais/Stinson Beach/Highway 1. See directions for "After Exiting Highway 101" below.
From Marin County:
Take exit for Mt. Tamalpais/Stinson Beach/Highway 1. See directions for "After Exiting Highway 101" below.
After Exiting Highway 101:
Continue onto Highway 1/Shoreline Highway. (Do not take next left onto Tennessee Valley Road.) At the 3rd stoplight, turn left and continue on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway. (At this intersection the Marin Rug Store will be in front of you–a distinctive building.) Continue 2.4 miles on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway until the fork at the top of hill. Take left/downward fork towards Muir Beach. (Do not take right towards Muir Woods and Mt. Tamalpais.) Continue along Highway 1/Shoreline Highway, following the deep descent, towards Muir Beach. You will pass the Pelican Inn at 2.5 miles. Continue on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway following road as it takes a sharp left turn. (Do NOT take Muir Woods Road.) You will pass a sign for the Muir Beach Overlook. Continue on Highway 1/Shoreline Highway for 1 mile and you will see Slide Ranch, in the valley towards the left. The Slide Ranch entrance is marked by a sign and a large mailbox on the left. Go down driveway and take first left into upper parking lot.